We invite you to join our team of Home Care Providers helping to bring high-quality home care and supportive services to the frail elderly and people with disabilities, enabling them to live independently in their own homes.
The Consortium employs, trains, mentors and supervises Home Care Providers to perform Domestic Services such as cleaning, shopping for food, doing laundry, and Personal Care Services such as assisting clients with bathing, dressing, grooming and getting in and out of bed or wheelchair.
If you have home care experience, or just a sincere desire to help others, we will train you in the skills you need to provide competent, compassionate care to people in need.
We also seek candidates who have completed a:
- Home Care Provider training course
- Certified Nursing Assistant program (CNA)
- Home Health Aid program (HHA)
You must to be able to:
- work at least 15 hours per week
- work at least one weekend day and holidays during your first six months at the Consortium
- work and travel in all areas of San Francisco
Your ability to communicate in English is important. For employees with limited English skills we provide vocational English classes. The Consortium also seeks candidates who are bilingual in Spanish, Chinese and Tagalog.
- Able to be physically active for the duration of work shift
- Able to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Able to carry 15 lbs. up one flight of stairs
- Able to walk up and down minimum of two flights of stairs
- Able to walk minimum of several blocks to clients’ homes
As an employee of the Consortium you will enjoy an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Medical and dental coverage
- Paid sick leave
- Employer paid union pension
Based on seniority you may also be eligible for
- Paid vacation and holiday pay
- A monthly MJUNI FastPass
How to Apply:
Applications are available at the IHSS Consortium’s office.
An Adobe PDF version of the job application forms can be downloaded and printed. Once you have completed this form, you may fax it to (415) 659-5358 or mail it to the Human Resources Department, IHSS Consortium, 1453 Mission St., Suite 520, San Francisco, CA 94103.
To speed your application process, please have available:
Please note that you must be able to legally work in the U.S., pass a background check, and pass a tuberculosis (TB) test.
- Information on your previous jobs
- Names and phone numbers of two references (other than family or friends)